Mango Pleco Info Needed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Hi I like these and wanted to know if you had any info that might be helpful to me about these fish. I like to try to find out stuff about the fish before I buy it and it end up being a big mistake.

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
I actually saw one at a LFS. They are a REALLY nice pleco! Buy it. For pleco info and advice, Try www.planetcatfish.com they have all the info you want on that pleco! On their thread (devoted to pleco's and catfish) many poeple may have had experience with them...

In that website: just do a search on Mango and you will find it.

Grows to about 12 inches...
and their L number is L047
Baryancistrus sp. is the scientific name

Last edited:

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
They are not a member of the dwarf plecos because they grow to 12", but they look to be like a nice additon to any big tank 60+ gallons. I say get it if you have enough space. Otherwise, if you have another pleco you would rather get, wait for that one!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yeah I really want a L-001 but never seen them here. Would like to get a really big tank like a 200gal+ but unfortanetly I dont have enough money for the tank. Well not yet.:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

JamisonBWolsh

Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Why do you want the L001 so bad? I have one. you have seen what they look like. I do have to say I LOVE it when he/she puts up his Sail! outstanding! also, they are not shy and often just looks at my through the glass... they do have personality and shows some intelligence IMO. SO... if you want color, go for the Mango. The L001 are sort of bland in color..

BUT thet are a very nice pleco,,,

Last edited:

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Well me myself my 3 favorite plecos are

1) Gibbiceps both normal and albino
2) L-001
3) Rhino Pleco

They are all from the same family or group from glypto something or other. I like other pleco like the Mango and blue eyed panaque but not as much as those tree up there. I also like common plecos like the on in my tank right now. This pleco looks nice to though.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store