Tiger Barb - Color changes ? ? ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wrc1045

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
Hello I have six rosey tiger barbs (I believes that's what they are). One has really changed colors in the last week or so. It was colored as the others, but recently it has changed to a really dark red and the black areas are really dark now? What is happening to the little guy. All water parameters are perfect and the water temp is at 80. There are several other fish in the tank also, please check out my signature. Just curious about the color change, is it something to be concerned with? It is the only one who has changed color.

Thanks !

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
H3D said:
It is most likely just a male that is ready to breed. If you can post a picture it would be a great help.
that's what is sounds like to me.

wrc1045

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
hello, I was also wondering (sorry I have no got a pic up there yet) I have 5 rosey barbs and I guess one is male (the one with dark colors)the other two are really looking really fat ! I have only had them about six weeks. My questions are are they egg layers or live bearers? do I need to do anything specific for them? They do have hiding places to hide.The current is pretty great in the tank. Do I need another tank specifically for the new ones? Also how long does it take to egg lay to little ones?

Thanks and Happy New Years

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
Female barbs get really fat. It might be nothing.

wrc1045

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
Hello I am mistaken about the fish type, they are rosey tiger barbs? not just barbs? they do look a little different they have reb/black strips.

wrc1045

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
They Are Tiger Barbs?
I Also Have A 8" Or So Fish That Is All Silver - Black Top Fin And The Other Fins Are Red. Looks Like A Barb. Has Small Short Whiskers. What Is It? Probally A Normal Fish At Your Local Pet Store....... Any Ideas

How Long Does It Take For The Females To Have Eggs? They Were Not That Fat A Few Weeks Ago. Now They Are Really Fat. Again They Are Tiger Barbs...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store