What Next for "new" freshwater tropical aquarium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Usurri

Registered Member
Nov 22, 2006
Hi,
I'm a beginner to fish keeping. I have a 33 US Gallon tank which was first filed on November 25 , and since December 2 I have successfully interoduced the folowing, in this order:
2 White Cloud Mountain Minnows
2 Dalmation Mollies
4 Platties
2 Albino Corys
2 Agaissi Corys
1 Dwarf Gourami &
4 Panda Corrys
All are doing well. Two days after thye Mollies (both female) were introduced there were 15 Dalmation fry in the tank, but being an unexpected arrival they either died or were eaten within a day or two. The Corrys are now busy laying eggs all over the tank, but the Dwarf Gourami is eating them almost as soon as laid.
What other peaceful fish could be added. I want to stay away from Sword Tails (too much like Goldfish) and Guppies (too prolific).
The tank is planted with living plants, 3 Amazon Swords, 3 Onion plants and 3 others the names of which I forget.
Water Testing:- last test 2 days ago showed Amonia = 0.00, Nitrite = 0.00, Nitrate = 20 and a Ph of 6.6.
The Molie which did not give birth in now changing from Dalmation to Black, and appears to be becomming male.
Thanks for any advice.
:confused:

Last edited:

Sonic Tooth

AC Members
Dec 25, 2006
It seems to be fairly well stocked already. If you are going to do anything, think about getting another dwarf gourami that is the opposite sex of the current one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store