Reef Food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcvancleave

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Panama City, Florida
Visit site
Need some sugestions on what addidtives i need to be putting in my tank for my few corals and live rock. I got live sand a few good frags a mushroom and of course lots of nice looking christmas tree worms and feather dusters comming out if the rock. I am so far just adding a coral accel to get it started but do i need to add any thing else.

Thanks
Michael

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
Nothing in your tank thus far needs much in the way of special attention. If you're doing regular water changes, then you should be ok on trace elements for the corals. You could introduce some filter feeder foods for the worms, but this generally isn't necessary. Do be careful with the Coral Accel - that stuff can make a mess of water quality, and you don't have any corals that really need that kind of treatment at this point.

votek

AC Members
Feb 20, 2003
New York
Visit site
Yea go easy on that coral accel, if its what I think it is. That stuff is very concentrated and only a little bit is needed. I think it will help the live rock and newly fragged corals however. :confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store