Rose Anemone Condition

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fastbackgly

Molecular Cell Biology Major
Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
Thought I would update you guys on the condition of a severely bleached rose anemone I purchased a few months ago.

It's looking pretty good.

This is what it looked like when I first got it:

Here is the present condition:

As you can see, it's photosynthetic bacteria have returned and it gained back its deep coloring instead the white color it had when I bought it. It's looking pretty healthy now.

fastbackgly

Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
Haha, yeah. I don't think I want to mess with a good thing. But if it ever splits...

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
It does look much better good job and great patience!

fastbackgly

Feb 24, 2006
San Diego, CA
Thanks, Max. I know you were skeptical at first about this one, but I'm glad to say it's recovering pretty well. The funny things is, the anemone didn't start gaining better color until the nitrates got higher(~20ppm). Don't worry, the fish were fine. I kept the nitrates around that level and it continued to get better and better. After a large water change(20% in one go), it shriveled up for a while and lost a bit of its bacteria, then after the nitrates increased again, it perked up and darkened. Now, it's stable with the color you see above at around 5ppm nitrates, so I think it's pretty happy.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store