How its made - I love this show

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
wow that's alot of "how it's mades" The chicks seemed to be just a we bit mean though.

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
My daughter loves that...much of it is filmed in Canada, and occasionally I recognise a factory/company in it.

Loach43

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
I just saw the gum one on the tube a few weeks ago. There was another one where they made candles. The facility was huge. They showed three different methods to make candles on monster sized machinery. It was mind blowing!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
they forget to show the part where all the extra male chicks are thrown away. . . . the chickens used for industrial meat production are an entirely different strain than those used for egg production. the males of the egg-producing kind only have a tiny demand from hobbyists or for breeding purposes, but since half the chicks are males, most of them are simply tossed into the garbage.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
if grinding them up in a machine counts as euthaniasia, then you're right. . . "maceration" is an unfortunately acceptable form of euthanizing young chicks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store