Pesty Anemone Looking Things

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Newbie88

Registered Member
Jan 7, 2007
Our tank is infested with brown, ugly anemone looking things that have long tendrils. They multiply faster than rabbits and seem to sting the corals. If they get big enough, they can move. What are these things and how can we get rid of them?

HELP!!!

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
aiptasia it sounds like
you can inject them with joe's juice, boiling water, lemon juice, or kalk paste.
some pepermint shrimp will also eat them
and you can also jsut cover them with something like superglue gel or holdfast epoxy. but if you have alot, that may not be the best choice.

Newbie88

Registered Member
Jan 7, 2007
Berghia

I've been reading that berghia are the best way to get rid of these things but they look very fragile. Is that best or should we try Joe's Juice? I'm guessing these things are very hard to stick with a needle.:help:

Germanman

My fish are my babies
ive tried all the above and the best ways are eather the natural to use the peperment shrimp or bergia or to use aiptasia control...its fish and reef safe and i literally melts them away i got rid of mine in a day with a few stragglers that i later finished off. Blue Vet(BueLife) makes it. give it a try i didnt get as good results with joes juce and its alot cheeper. all the customers that come in to my work with the problem walk out with aiptasia control and come back telling me its the best ever . i refuse to recomend joes juce now but none the less it works most the time. and boiling water dosnt work well; the big ones recover.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I've always just removed the rock to a bucket and treated with a little lemmon juice. If you have a major infestation I would consider bhergia as they only eat aiptapsia.
Cheers

Cavalier2123

Guy on the couch
Jan 16, 2007
Newnan, GA
I have this problem as well. So far my peppermint shrimp don't seem to be making much of a difference. Anyone have more info on bhergia?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Max, when you say remove the rock and treat with lemon...How are you getting the lemon into the aptasia? Would be a good way, i have a couple big ones, and everytime i go near them with the syringe, they just retreat into the rock work..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store