Fiddler Crabs are awesome!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I just bought two fiddler crabs and in a matter of hours they picked the substrate and all my decorations clean of any algae or detritus. If you can house them, they are the best cleaner for any brackish tank.

RENEGADE

the one and only RENEGADE
Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
i have a red claw crab and i love him!!!!!(oh wait i just found out its a girl!)

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I can't tell whether my other crab is a girl or a red claw crab. Oh yeah and I can't find it either, I've got so many hiding spots for them. I caught one of the males getting out so I put a barrier around the area so they can come out of the water when they want too.

RENEGADE

Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
they like to hide and get out! i'll post some pics of what i did to prevent her from getting out. its easy to tell if it a fiddler, one claw is bigger then the other, a whole lot bigger. heres a pic of my crab

crab4-20k.jpg

RENEGADE

Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
if you flip the crab over and look at the abdomen, males have a long thin abdomen, females have a much wider abdomen.
heres some pics: Male Female

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
I know both the males are in the tank but I can't find the female at all. She was hiding in one of my mangrove roots for a few hours after I got them and now she's gone. I checked around the area the smaller male climbed out and I can't find her.

elgecko

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
PA
www.geocities.com

RENEGADE

Mar 19, 2003
Los Angeles CA
Visit site
you better find her! if shes out too long she'll die! move your tank around and find her

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store