Has anyone had creatures in their live rock?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kano5003

This Is My New 75 Gallon Saltwater.
Jan 12, 2007
Australia
I was just enquiring if anyone has had creatures like feather dusters, mini starfish, crabs etc. Please post your opinions back to me, because i am very interested in purchasing live rock.
Thanks, Kano5003

sapgranth25

AC Members
May 25, 2006
Sheffield uk
I always get fan/feather duster worms the odd clam looking shell that opens & tentacles come out lots of worms & often the odd bad/good crab got a sally light foot & he is still here today & loads of pods then the odd mushroom/star polyps growing red/green sea weed i`ve always got indinesion live rock its cheap colourful........

live rock makes marine/reefing for me its always different every so often something new great stuff

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
I have a starfish hiding inside my one rock. A large orange crab in my other (who will have to be removed), lots of fan worms, a couple snails, many pods, and eventually more as time goes on. A lot of animals come out over time, and I have only had my rock in for a little less than 3 weeks.

SuperScro

AC Members
Sep 3, 2006
Have a pistol shrimp in there too. :)

marine_lover

marine_lover
Dec 19, 2006
Australia
Recently started my first SW tank and when i bought my live rock i found, fan feather duster, about 6 small crabs, some brain coral, and even a very small anemone, turbo snails and a clam. I guess i got REALLY REALLY lucky.

Cavalier2123

Guy on the couch
Jan 16, 2007
Newnan, GA
I have about 90+lbs of live rock in my tank and it's definatly the way to go. I love the corals and other obvious critters in my tank, but I also love to get face to face with the glass and observe all of the tiny life that flourishes in there as well. I hand picked 4 or 5 of my rocks because of the star polyps, mushrooms, and zoas that they had. But a couple of them came with extras I didn't know about, mostly red sponges. Though as my tank cycled, other critters from deep in the rocks began to spread. I have several small colonies of feather dusters, brissle worms, and other small shrimp-like animals that I honestly don't know much about. The live rock definatly adds some personality to the tank.

fuzzydwarfs

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
Ive had that many critters come out of my live rock, it was amazing...and still 3 months down the track Im discovering new things...its totally worth getting...I dont understand why anyone would scrub the rock clean with bleach...

starfish, abalone, crabs, dusters to name a few...

Joanne

CompulsiveAqua

CompulsiveAqua
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveland
what the hec????? anyone

It's been two months with my live rock. I noticed when I first purchased one of the rocks that there was something pink in one of the holes. Didn't think much of it....I recently did some rearranging and had it facing up. One night i turned the lights on to see some lil creatures and the pink thing was open for sec then slammed shut. When it is shut you can see no sign of it being able to open...it feels like a rock and I have no idea what it is....anyone????

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i bought some live rock the other day and so far i have had a small star fish with in it.. i see little tentickle looking things wiggling around on it once in a while not sure what it is..aslo had a bristle worm but i removed it cause i heard they are bad.. not sure why but i was told they will cause a nasty sting if you touch it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store