Need a re-scape

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
Any suggestions?

I was thinking about turning the big stump so it is laying on it's side, but I don't know if I should put the top part against the glass or if the bottom part should be against the glass. The top is wide open so that would make a big cavern for fish to hide. What do you all think?

Any other suggestions to think about?

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
you need a smaller stump or a bigger tank ;)

and get that heater behind the stump ... it looks terrible up front. or is that the back of the tank.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
I think that the piece of driftwood is too big for the space that it is in. No matter how you move it around it will most likely not be the look you are after. Try using another piece of driftwood that is smaller and see what kind of effect you get.

Marinemom

icecubez189

User Registered!
Feb 15, 2006
Queens, New York
that looks like a tetra water wonder works thing, with an internal filter inside. i don't see the heater people are talking about, i thought the inside allowed space to put a heater in.

in any case, it is pretty big. how big is the tank? i see your fish are enjoying a piece of vegetable.

BucJason

I drink like a fish
Dec 30, 2006
Tampa , FL.
Well I don't mind the stump, I guess it all depends on the look you are going for...I love the carpet though, it gives it a nice effect. What do you use to get that, a type of Moss?

Last edited:

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
The stump is not nearly as big as it looks in the picture. That pic is pretty big. Its only about 3 inches from front to back. It has an internal filter inside and if I flip it over I will take out the filter and it will be all water space and hiding places for fish because the stump is hollow.

The heater is inside the stump. The only things that are up front in that pic is a breeder box and the thermometer is just there to hold the lip above water. This pic is over a month old so that is gone now.

I'm just looking for some new scaping ideas because I have to tear everything apart to remove some old UGF filter plates, so I was looking for new ideas for when I put everything back.

That is a java moss carpet.

bkw1982

I'M GOING TO ZOMBIELAND
Aug 6, 2006
San Antonio, TX
well the stump looks nice where it is, maybe add some taller plants in front of it, or move it to middle and then put taller plants on sides. i dont think it would look right if u put it on it's side, just looks to wide. if u want more options i would take out the stump and get a smaller piece of driftwood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store