HELP ASAP ASAP ASAP!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jamieandrich

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
brantford
www.myspace.com
i have a celestial eye gold fish in my community tank. I left the house at 630pm and everything was fine " googles" as we call him had both his eyes and was swimming around the tank happy as a clam and got back at 9pm and noticed that one of is eyes was totally gone.... we put him in the hospital but was wondering what we should treat him with to prevent infection and if he will survive. He doesnt show any signs of stress really except to be bumping into things. I guess i would be too if i all of a sudden lost an eye

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
Are there any tank mates? What size tank?

jamieandrich

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
brantford
www.myspace.com
it is a 110 g there are a lot of tank mates all are very nicely tempered the only one i could think of would be the ghost knife but he doesnt come out during the day he minds his own business. His eye couldnt have spontaneously "popped" could it ?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
it is a 110 g there are a lot of tank mates all are very nicely tempered the only one i could think of would be the ghost knife but he doesnt come out during the day he minds his own business. His eye couldnt have spontaneously "popped" could it ?
]]

not likely
i'd be more inclined to think something attacked it.

chunkoblue

AC Members
Nov 26, 2006
Glenwood, IL
First of all just relax a little... I had the same problem with a black moor (also a goldfish that have bulging eyes) when I was a little kid. One of his eye balls was hanging by the nerve cord and eventually fell off.. he was fine with one eye for a while. Eventually the other eyeball did the same thing and he continued to live long after both eyes were gone. They are still pretty good at smelling food in the tank. Goldfish are pretty hardy so you will probably be ok. You may want to consider an antibiotic, just in case...

jamieandrich

AC Members
Aug 11, 2006
brantford
www.myspace.com
lets see. the black ghost knife two blood parrots,2 harlequins, one dwarf rainbow, 1 Congo tetra, 5 strawberry tetras, 3 Siamese algae eaters, 1 leopard pleco, 2 neons,3 rummy noses, 1 serpea tetra, 1 betta, 3 tiger barbs two green barbs,3 cherry barbs, 2 golden barbs, 1 tricolour shark, 2 rainbow sharks, 3 angel fish

here is a few pics of it

DSC02440.JPG DSC02443.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store