Zeovit system?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
A local lfs owner who specializes in reef tanks mentioned this new system. Well, apparently it's been around in Europe for years, but is only starting to be seen in North America now.

Has anyone heard of this? Apparently it makes your corals look remarkable. Truly brings out the colors of your hardest to keep corals.

I don't know anything about this system, except for what he told me, which is, it's a system that you control , when to feed your corals.

Anyway, here's a link to a site that has plenty of info on this setup.

http://zeovit.com/

It looks pretty interesting. Check out pics of some people's SPS corals, and the colors they display...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
it's been aroudn over here for quite some time. ive heard some things about it. it is basicly an amino acid suppliment isnt it?
i thought about using it at one point but that is a heck of a lot of money.....
maybe after highschool/college ill give it a try:dance2:
anyways, if you give it a try, let us know :)

mayran

AC Members
Oct 3, 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
A couple in my aquarium club use it. They did a presentation on it for the club. There is no denying the results. Their tank looks great. Nice color on their acros, too. They actually bought a frag of a brownish color acro that turned brilliant colors in their tank (don't remember specifics, but I saw pics).

From what I understand, there are a series of supplements that you use on a regular basis, but the company doesn't really tell you what it is that you are putting into the tank, they just have some goofy German names. That is the part that I don't like (the mystery, not the German). Also, the supplements are pretty expensive.

If you follow it, the program works very well, I just think that the same, or similar results can be achieved using less expensive, more traditional methods. I do not ever anticipate using it myself, but if you have a bunch of extra money laying around and additional time to spend on the dosing/maintenence regimen, go for it. The results prove that it works.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
the lfs owner basically told me that in a nutshell, you starve your corals, and you decide when to feed them using a cylindrical tube that you shake, releasing nutrients into the tank, that the corals just suck up, revieling their wonderful colors.

It sounds harsh, but apparently it works very well, and makes corals live longer thn by using trditional methods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store