Leopard Ctenopoma

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tmobo

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
Florissant, Mo
Has anyone had these before? Any luck breeding? What size tank and specs should they have? I like little guys and just wanting to get info on them.

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
PM Rockabillychick...she got tons of info on them,

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
I have 12 of them now...4 are spawning. I would go no smaller than a 65 gallon tank for a couple-three, as they are large fish, despite their relative inactivity.

tankfan

Just another Dude with MTS!
Jun 3, 2006
Buda, IL
www.freewebs.com
is the fish in question also called "spotted climbing perch"?
Cteptnoma Acustriostre <--- not sure how to spell it off hand ;)

I have 12 of them now...4 are spawning. I would go no smaller than a 65 gallon tank for a couple-three, as they are large fish, despite their relative inactivity.

how do you get them to spawn? Only read of 1 case that they were bred in an aquarium. How do you tell males from females?

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
is the fish in question also called "spotted climbing perch"?
Cteptnoma Acustriostre <--- not sure how to spell it off hand ;)
Yes indeed.

how do you get them to spawn? Only read of 1 case that they were bred in an aquarium. How do you tell males from females?
It has actually been done a few times. As far as my experience goes, it would appear to be just the luck of providing them with an ideal environment (large, planted, dim), and having some mature specimens (6"+). Honestly, I have not seen any obvious external differences between the two genders.

TankHobbyist

AC Members
Mar 19, 2010
not realy sure got one myself from what i read they have to have 20+ gallons per fish they are very territorial and atacked a couple pea puffers i had in there with him

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store