identification?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tbarblover

AC Members
May 19, 2005
connecticut
i've had this fish about a year and a half and have always wondered what it was .......maybe you guys can help? oops....i almost forgot......its the one in the center of the pic......

test 062.jpg

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
I would say its a Pseudotropheus Zebra "albino" morph

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
It definitely looks like an albino Pseudotropheus.

tbarblover

AC Members
May 19, 2005
connecticut
so you think that maybe its a hybrid of some sort? when i bought it i think they called it a sunburst something or other......we have a few really shoddy fish stores around here......i only asked becaose ive never seen one anywhere else....

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
those fish stores 'make up names' like grains of sand on the beach ... all in an effort to make the fish sound more interesting, exciting or what have you for the purchaser. it's marketing hype. i mean, Pseudotropheus doesn't sound nearly as desirable as "sunburst" now does it. ;)

tbarblover

AC Members
May 19, 2005
connecticut
no it doesn't lol........ i do realize that and i hate the fact that none of the fish stores that i know of including the franchises EVER know what they are talking about........i did find a nice one however about 45 minutes away and they at least seem to know what they are talking about......anyway, thanks for the i.d.

Shagmaster

LOACH CRAZY
Oct 31, 2006
Los Angeles
I have the same problrm with the fish storres here. Not only do they NOT know what they are selling, they barely speak english. When I say barely I mean only a few words. They thought that clown knives live in cold water, 70 degrees.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store