Favorite pet supply store in your area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Siren

Mythological Creature
As I've been chatting and getting to know the people on here, it occurred to me that a lot of us are from the same general areas and that there should be a thread where you list the city you live in and local recommendations. I for one, just moved to Raleigh, NC and haven't found a place that really jumps out at me as a REALLY good place to get supplies. Plus, I'm curious about what other cities around the country have to offer. So, the instructions are: cut and paste these questions with your own reply...thanks :bowing:

1. Your location:
2. Favorite LFS?
3. Favorite out of town FS/pet store?
4. Favorite on-line/catalog supply site?
5. Any other related recommendations?
--------------------------------------

1. Your location: Raleigh, NC, formerly MI
2. Favorite LFS? Don't have one yet for here :(
3. Favorite out of town FS/pet store? Preuss's in East Lansing, MI...the store that I hold all other stores up to and find them lacking.
4. Favorite on-line/catalog supply site? Dr.'s F&S have excellent selection for a wide range of pets like I have, but I prefer UPCO for dog supplies. Cheap prices, high quality, and excellent service. http://www.upco.com
5. Any other related recommendations? Totally recommend craigslist.org if you need to sell/buy used supplies...

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
Favorite LFS: Fin and Feather in Groton, CT
Favorite out of town FS/pet store: not really any good ones
Favorite on-line/catalog supply site Dr. foster and smith, or aquariumguys.com

there aren't too many places to get supplies/fish around here, fin and feather is the only shop i know of that have fishkeepers that actually know what theyre talking about (you should see their reef display, it is GORGEOUS).

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
1. My location* Somewhere, Michigan:D
2. Favorite LFS* Ewerts pets
3. Favorite out of town FS/pet store* Exotics and aquatics
4. Favorite on-line/catalog supply site* Drs foster amd smith
5. Any other related recommendations* MY local petco is great:D

Siren

Mythological Creature

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
i live in Edenton, NC. can you say rural? the nearest LFS is 60 miles to the east, in Manteo by the sea and the fish they sell are on ice. as in dead. they're not sleeping ... they are deceased. they're drum, herring, tuna and local fare n' such. you're supposed to eat 'em, not look at em.

now, there is a store in the next town over (Hertford). it's called Hertford Feed 'n Seed. it's a
REALLY good place to get supplies
though probably not what you had in mind if you keep an aquarium. you can get hay and various fodder for your horses, cows, pigs, sheep and goats. you can sit on a hay bail and chat with bobby and evan spruill for hours and even understand half of what they're saying in their very southern drawl. they'll make you laugh so hard you'll cry. they'll offer you coffee and maybe a coke ... and if you don't come off as 'one o them yankees', they may even like you.

i love this place. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store