$ Mbu

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Does anyone know how much an 18-20" mbu sell for?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I've never seen one that big for sale, but I think that you should post that in General FW as Mbus are FW, not BW.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
LOL, I could judst see the folks in FW going, mbu.....Huh??? What's that?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Have you seen one and want to judge if the price is right, or are you just getting a feel for prices right now?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Someone was asking on another site. There'd be no way I could house a fish like that! I don't think they should even be available for sale to the common folk, just to large aquariums.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Yeah, any fish that weighs more than a bowling ball and thinks that the world is its set of tenpins probably isn't an attractive aquarium occupant. I don't think that I've seen a Mbu for sale, though, because there are other, more affordable and feasible puffers out there. Besides, if you want mean, don't people just buy small fahakas and raise them to maturity?

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
This person has the fish & is thinking of selling it.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Wow, wish them luck. I just saw Tigerfish juvies for sale at $300 each, so I would think that an asking price on a mature Mbu would be more than that, but I don't see how many buyers they could possibly get at a price like that...I don't know, though, b/c I'm just a lowly college student!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
I'll take that back...**************** occasionally has them in their hatchery, so I don't know for sure how rare they are.

Confused, muddling through, and hoping that somehow these ramblings might help.

~Matthew

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store