Disease ID Help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

boulderman1

AC Members
Aug 8, 2006
Chicago, IL
[/URL][/IMG]

these minor white irregularities on jis gill plate and near the edge of his gill are on the left side of my newly acquired blue tang, he flicks this area agains rocks a lot, not sure what it is

thanks

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
cant really tell form the pic, but there are a lot of posibilities. i doesnt look like ich.... white spots could be form stress, but if he is flicking them it is probably something physical. my first guess would be HLLE (head and lateral line errosion). there are many causes for this such as malnutrition, stress due to being picked on, stray voltage, poor water quality, too small of a tank, the list is pretty much endless....
malnutrition seems to be a huge factor with HLLE though. if you can get a clearer pic and tell us some more info about the fish such as what you feed and how often, tank size, inhabitants, ect, that may help.
then again, if you jsut got it, assuming that it is in a healthy unvironment, it was probably something form the store and will go away. but it never hurts to check to make sure
good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store