Stunted Goldfish..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

5Bettamom

7 BettaMom now!!! Woot woot
Dec 15, 2006
Washington
My goldfish is about 3 inches long. And I have had him for approximently a year. He was living in a 2 gallon when I moved him into the 10 gallon he is in now. But by then he was already stunted. I am worried about him passing away..how early do stunted goldfish pass? I am really worried about him. Pooer guy. I love him to the moon & back...

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
A small fancy one, he kind of has the head of an ordana..but..here I will post a picture in a second..

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
I know the tank he is in now is too small, but at least it is better than a 2 gallon. And it is the best I can do right now...

newgoldfish&vids 009.jpg

fishcatch22

The Picotoper
Jun 13, 2006
Morris, Illinois
if you move him to a proper sized tank of 30Gs+, the stunting may reverse itself.

5Bettamom

Dec 15, 2006
Washington
I don't have a 30 gallon and cannot afford one right now, unless I found one for around 20 bucks.....
does anyone have one they want to rid of..for free?:eek:
I was going to give him to a friend..but all she has is two ten gallons, which would be no better for him.

fballguy

yum
Feb 27, 2006
Everett, WA
www.freshwaterfanatics.com
Save your money and do lots of water changes, there is a chance you may be able to save it

Off topic, this is for anybody who thinks stunting is not harmful and does not cause deformities. I just wanted to point out the fish's fins, look how short they are, especially the tail fin.

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
I don't have a 30 gallon and cannot afford one right now, unless I found one for around 20 bucks.....
does anyone have one they want to rid of..for free?:eek:
I was going to give him to a friend..but all she has is two ten gallons, which would be no better for him.
Not very visually appealing to most, but you can pick up a 30G (or larger) tote at your local department store for under $10 usually. Or watch craiglist.org and eventually youll find a dirt cheap tank or even free. Watch for the sales at you lfs too, smaller tanks can be quite reasonable sometimes.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
you could, i don't know, get rid of the fish? sell it, give it away, or return it to an LFS or pond store that can give it a better home. why isn't he in your 15g tank? you know, the one you say is empty in your "does anyone have extra fish they want to give me?" thread in the classifieds.

wait, aren't there any GOLDFISH rescues?!

my advice is to STOP collecting more and more bettas (since you have 9 of them now) and find proper housing for the fish you are already responsible for.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store