!! help me !! look @

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
Hello I need help. My nitrate is high, and I need to know what to do with my tank to get rid of the nitrate. My nitrate right now is at 80 ppm and I wanna make it to 0 or 5.0 ppm. Let me know what pumps are good to do that. I got a 404 fluval and a Turboflotor multi SL protein skimmer and a power head. I am going to post up pics, please tell me what I need. How much more rock should I get. Should I get a wet/dry pump, a refusion pump, or a sub-pump? Whats good for my 72 bow tank? If I left anything out, let me know what I need to make a good reef tank. Polyps, brains, clams, slugs, etc... ALL HELP IS NEEDED!

I'll try and post more pics of my tank later.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
What is the powerhead you have in there at the moment? and how many Lbs of live rock do you currently have in there?

Do you run media in the fluval filter at the moment? if you have, how ofter do you clean the filter wools?

Live rock, you should be aiming for about 1 - 1.5lbs per gallon..

Lets start with that firstly...

Niko

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
i dont have media in my fluval i put some outer in my tank and it was ****ing my tank up so t just tuck it out i put calciun buffer system no. 1 and no.2 in it like ever outer day i know i have 2 put more live rock in ther it is like 30 2 40 lb of live rock in ther. i dont know what kind of power head in my tank i found my tank and the stand and the top and a fuv of power head i bught my pumps and fish and rock and light but i know i need new light 2 .

im in the looks 4 a new pump what kind shoud u thing i shoud git ight

Picture 151.jpg Picture 145.jpg Picture 146.jpg Picture 140.jpg

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
dont i need a good one. i dont have a wet and dray or a refushoin or a sub pump in my tank i thugh that i need one of thous 2 have good stuf like clame and brain cause when i put them in they die

dr_sudz

Round Peg, In A Square hole
Nov 20, 2005
Milton Ontario, Canada
dont i need a good one. i dont have a wet and dray or a refushoin or a sub pump in my tank i thugh that i need one of thous 2 have good stuf like clame and brain cause when i put them in they die
Water change water change water change. that is how you get your nitrates down! You can do a wet/dry trickle sump and have a refugum, deep sand bed to help keep nitrates down even lower. But in reality the best way to get your nitrates DOWN are only through water changes!
Corals need near perfect waters to live in. They come from areas of the ocean that are comparable to the deserts on land. Very low nutriants in the waters around corals and reefs.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
:dive: :dive: :dive: :dive: :bowing: :bowing: :bowing:
so i shoud not use the tap water in my house so what could i git bottle water or a filter so i dont have 2 go out and git water all the time or just git some outer **** tell me what i need ight

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
as you dont have a sump, there is no need to have a pump..By all means, as sudz says, if you had a sump or refugium on your tank, it may be different, and get some good water changes done in the hope to lower your nitrates.

How-ever, as you dont have a sump, we shall work with what you currently have to get your isses sorted out..

As i said, as you dont have a sump, there is no need to ahve a sump..Jsut asses your powerhead ( or lack of ). You want to be aiming for at least 10 - 15 times water turn over..What you need to do now is work out what powerheads you need for the tank and get them in there, you need to get some water movement going in the tank..

Niko

Reefscape

Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
That could be the whole centre of why you are having high nitrates and algae..Tap water should never be used unless you have extremely great quality tap water..You should be looking to buy a Reverse Osmosis unit for your water or speak to you local fish shop as see if you can buy RO ( reverse osmosis ) from them..

Niko

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
ight so i have 2 go out and git some right now what kind of power head shoud i git right now the one that movies arund or the one that just stay in one spot and what salt shoud i git right now 2 and shoud i go git some live rock right now and do i have 2 put it in a my tank or another tank 2 let it cure just let me know what i need right now 2 help me out ight

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store