Updated pic of L-14 Pleco. Just sharing :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Males grow larger than females. Males develop a more "bristled" appearance that, in certain light, can shine from the light being reflected off the fish. The leading edge of the leading pectoral fin ray also becomes slightly spiny in mature males.--From Planet Catfish.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
If you need any other info on your cat, Google Scobiancistrus aureatus, Goldy Pleco, or Sunshine Pleco.

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Thanks, I did alot of research before I got him so I am pretty good on the info for my Goldie. After alot of reading I decided that he was perfect for my Oscar tank. So far, they are great together. This guy can definatly take care of himself.

I don't know if he is male or female yet, because I don't know if he is big enough to start showing the bristles. I have seen a full grown male so I know what to look for and I just don't see it yet. I would guess that it is probably a female, but I am just not sure. Anybody know about how big they are before they start showing the bristles?

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
No info here about sexing just wanted to say that is on nice pleco. Well actually look at it its fins are ripped up in that cloudy water I could bearly see it. Just give it to me so it could be cared for properly. LOL. J/k. Very Nice Fish.

Lynsey

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
GER1023 - Very Funny. I think I will hang onto him for a while :p

When I first started this hobby about 2 years ago, I thought catfish (especially "sucker-fish") were ugly. I thought who would want one of thoes? Now, I just love them. They are so unique and have pretty wierd personalities. I love this guy. :)

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
You know I got in the hobby when I was small I was in like second third grade and I had my first 1gal fish tank. Over the years Ive had birds fish turtles crabs crayfish man I had all kinds of animals my mom use to say that I need to grow up on a ranch. Well now that list has gone done to mainly fish and for now Im taking care of my Big Sister's birds. I loved cichlids and never cared for pleco's. My mom got me into them she hates fish because of the clean up but likes pleco's she felt sorry for them because they get picked on at the pet shop by the other fish. I was like so what I was into cichlids and now I still have a big joy about learning and caring for cichlids but for the pleco's it is growing to where I care for them almost as much as I do my cichlids. Pleco's is an addiction once you have one you need more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store