gold severum with purple stripe gudgeon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goozy

AC Members
Dec 14, 2002
NY
Visit site
I was wondering if this combination would be ok. I have a 6 inch long purple stripe gudgeon who is very tame and rather mellow. She sleeps a good portion of the day and minds her own business. due to her size, she is not bullied. In the tank with her is a 12 inch chocolate pleco and one female kribbie who believes the gudgeon is her mate. the kribbie is really aggressive and defends her territory and huddles close to the gudgeon at all times. Sometimes she even goes into her little "mating dance. " The gudgeon ingnores her.

I am currently fishlessly cycling a 72 gallon bowfront tank and I want to move these three fish into it. I don't know what to get as tankmates. I was thinking rainbows but the kribbie may kill them. I was also thinking I could take the kribbie back to the store but I've had her for a long time and I'm kind of attached. I don't want anything bad to happen to her either. she has had mates and she has had several broods and she has also killed alot of fish in her day.

I like gold severums, or green severums and I was wondering if one may do well with these fish. My water is naturally hard and my ph is usually between 7.4-7.8. I'm going to add a CO2 injector to this tank within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for any advice. I'm sort of new to this hobby and I realize that the two fish are from different parts of the world. I must keep the gudgeon because she is very finicky and very, very spoiled.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store