the amazing mystery...fry??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dethjam316

AC Members
Apr 6, 2003
south of nowhere, north of nothing
added some plants last week and ended up with about 20 little duckweed sprouts mixed in. i decided it might be cool to grow some of this for cover in one tank, so i collected the pieces and placed them in a glass near the window hoping they would reproduce quickly. i used water from regular cleaning of a well-planted 3/4 filled 10g whose only inhabitants are a couple guppies and a frog.

here's the mystery...almost a week after i started this project, i was checking the water and lo and behold...one mysterious tiny little creature, too small to be fry from the guppies. where the heck did this little guy come from?! stuck on a plant? egg on a plant? geez.

the most amazing thing is that the temp. here in NJ has fluctuated ridiculously this past week, from high 80s to 30s, and yet this guy right by the window has somehow survived! i suppose we'll see if it survives and what it could be, i really have no idea. it might not even be a fish i suppose! of course, now that i noticed it and am monitoring the situation, it will probably die.

but it goes to show you how amazing life is sometimes, 50 degree temp. changes in a 6 oz glass....wow.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
And we're not cocky about it either! :D J/K, but a pic would be great, as would a description!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Modesty what??? This is the rudest forum on the net. We take forever to respond and always give the wrong info.

Just kiding yeah this is the best fish forum I have found. There nice and very helpful. But as you can see we do get of the topic. But its all good.

Post a pic we will be able to tell you more about your new discovery.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh childawg get a hold of you self man. this should be in the chit chat section thats all everyone is doing in this thread.

Molino

Alien or ugly Fish?
Oct 1, 2002
Alberta, Canada
members.shaw.ca
Last fall I had bought several ottos from a tank with a lot of Zebra Danios. For a few weeks there was a tiny little fry (probably a danio) swimming around in the tank. Unfortunately he has since dissappeared probably eaten by one of the Rasboras in the tank.

What was in the tank you bought your plants from?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store