!!!!!!!!!!!CLOWN FISH IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kano5003

This Is My New 75 Gallon Saltwater.
Jan 12, 2007
Australia
I am planning to get 2 clown fish tommorow (babies). My aquarium has been running for 1 month and 1 week so 4 weeks. All my parameters are steady here they are:
Amonnia is 0
Nitrite is 0
Nitrate is 5.0
phosphate is 0.5
p.h is 8.4

My aquariums parameters are so steady because i added live rock from an established tank and also i got 2 cups of live sand from an established aquarium. I also got a bottle of cycle from the aquarium shop witch is live bacteria. All i wanted to know is what else do i need for 2 percula clowns like heat (my heat now is 26 degrees). What do they like to eat ect. I have also got 2 corals small ones you can see them in the picture. Also in the pictures you can see my tank my hermit crab and more. Thanks

Kano5003

Picture 044.jpg Picture 043.jpg Picture 051.jpg Picture 049.jpg Picture 050.jpg Picture 020.jpg Picture 045.jpg Picture 046.jpg

kano5003

Jan 12, 2007
Australia
Yes sorry i have got frozen food and pellets slatwater food and yes im getting 2 percula clowns and maybe an enemone later on......

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
I really really really hate to be rude... and it to be taken wrong.....but !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the beginning of the topic isnt necessary. it wont get attention faster. just as a heads up..

kano5003

Jan 12, 2007
Australia
Thanks for the replys yes sorry that is pretty annoying may someone please give me more info on clowns thanks.....

fuzzydwarfs

AC Members
Jan 22, 2007
I can tell you that clowns dont need an anemone to host in...my clowns eat pretty much whatever Im throwing into the tank for my other fish...I specifically feed them brine and pellets, but they will scrounge the crumbs from what Im feeding my puffer and dwarflions...my water temp sits at around the 26 mark, give or take a degree, depending on the weather etc...

just a mention, they are nothing like how they are depicted in Saving Nemo...
whoever wrote that story had/has no idea about clowns...they are the most aggressive members of my tank...

cheers...
JO...

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
My clowns usually hang out at the top of my tank- sometimes vertically. They will both eat out of my hand. They will also eat the seaweed I hang on the side of the tank. The one clown chases my chromis sometimes but other than that, they are really amusing fish with interesting personalities.

WeeNe858

AC Members
Dec 16, 2006
You can only have one type of clown in your tank... so say you like tomatoes then you have to stick with tomatoes.. most clowns are aggressive but perculas and oceollaris seem the be the most docile.. so make sure you chose wisely.. and the clowns dont need anenomes to host but some do look better with an anenome and others dont even know what it is..... (iv even heard of some who host powerheads or macro algea)
theres my 2 cents

Lorna

Reef Crazy
Mar 1, 2005
Indiana
A couple of things....your tank is pretty young yet.....though clownfish are pretty resilient keep on top of your parameters as you may get a bit of a spike by increasing your bioload. Please don't get an anemone to put in such a small tank, they can get very very large and as your tank is small you don't really have a lot of wiggle room in parameters and anemones like pristine conditions....I have two percs and they host in my candy cane/trumpet coral......and totally ignore the bta in my tank, so go figure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store