bottom feeders from SA?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Are there any bottom feeders from South America? I have a tank with two Oscars and a pleco, I just was hoping I could keep a SA theme, but if not... I might just get a Tiger Loach 'cuz it'll be able to defend itself...

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
It's only a 55g tank right now, but I'm not trippin off the size right now, in a month or so I'm moving and buying a larger tank, about 150g I think. I have a black sand substrate with plants and I'm going out and buying driftwood and a rock for my oscars today, while I buy my bottom feeder... I need an answer soon, 'cuz I'm going out in about an hour to buy them... =[

I'm eventually gonna get rid of my Long-Tail Oscar... and keep the Veil-Tail alone until my Albino grows big enough to be tank mates with him... I have an acrylic tank, and can't find a devider for it, so it'll be a while before my Veil-Tail has any mates 'cept for the pl*co and hopefully my new bottom feeder...

Last edited:

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I'm planning on moving in a month... I live in SF... that means I won't move for about half a year or so... and I need a bottom feeder to clean up the substrate... it's unappealing to the eye. Do you know of any bottom feeders from south america?

Size and agression don't really matter, if the species and small and fast enough to dodge my Oscars and hide amongst the plants for a while... well... not toooooo small... but yeah.

Last edited:

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Too late... =[

But i got a good deal on a nice 7" Featherfin Synodontis for only $6... may be from Africa, but looks nice in the tank =]

0scar

ichthys enthusiast
Feb 16, 2003
San Francisco, CA
still need help

I may have bought a bottom feeder already, but I'm still looking for a bottom feeder from SA, if there are any... I am still planning for a new tank, as well as setting up one for my brother who wants an SA theme as well. If anyone know of any bottom feeders from South America, could they throw out some names or a list of names by any chance?

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Yes, the Oscar would at least try to do so, and those sharp Cory spines aren't conducive to swallowing *ouch*.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store