chemicals

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johnw

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
central Mo.
Visit site
I found a sale yesterday and bought some algae block and water conditioner BUT its for outside ponds. can it hurt to use it in a 20 to 30 gal. aquarium if I dose proportionately?planning a pond for next year so it was worth the $2.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Does it say for pond use only? What does it do to condition the water? Do you have an algae problem? Why is this question in the Brackish Post?

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
I use pond chemicals on my tanks. no problems, but I only use chrlorine/chloramine remover. sometimes it gets a little tricky figuring out the dosage, but it's all basically the same thing, just a different concentration.

as for the algae remover.

I'd address whatever is causing the algae than trying to remove it. too much light or too many nutrients? there are many reasons. maybe a post in general freshwater will give you more answers.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
rjl420, I noticed that johnw is a junior member & I'm a senior member, but what the heck is a fhqwhgads? :confused:

johnw

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
central Mo.
Visit site
found the answers I needed over at Foster&Smith. Guess i could have been more specific than "chemicals" ; and it's in the Brackish forum because this is my favorite hangout

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
Originally posted by Pufferpunk
rjl420, I noticed that johnw is a junior member & I'm a senior member, but what the heck is a fhqwhgads? :confused:
HAHA, well you can change the text below your username to whatever you want. to explain fhqwhgads, you'll have to check out this link. more specifically, the strong bad emails. one of the emails was funny enough to make a Music Video for. I check homestarrunner every monday for the newest strong bad email. they are pretty funny, in a stupid kind of way.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store