Input Requested For Vivarium Forum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
"With some outstanding responses and requests by you folks that make AC what it is and are developing it into the Ultimate Aquaria Site, we are pleased to announce the addition of a Vivarium style forum.

This forum will cover topics on Reptiles, Amphibians,Terrariums and Plants.

We need your input on what an all encompassing forum title should be. When we see a reasonable number of responses, we will establish a poll for the final selection of the name.

Temporarily we have labeled the forum as "Vivarium Forum".

Please welcome "Legendary Frog" and "Sumthin_Fishy" as the moderators of this forum! This IS a step forward in AC's New Era!"

Okay members, step forward with your positive comments and suggestions!"

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
I'm very pleased to have this! I think Vivarium Board does just fine; gets the point across with no BS puns or niceties. Maybe I'm just boring though...

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
My suggestion...

Make a sticky on exactly what a vivarium is.

These setups look very interesting, but I don't know what they are exactly.

What is a vivarium? What can you keep in them? Is this a half water half land setup? Can we also talk about reptiles on this forum? how about hermit crabs? Turtles? Snakes? Spiders/Scorpions? Any situation where we can add fish to such setups?

An overview of what this forum is all about would be great for noobs (like me) to grasp an interest in setting something like this up .. :)

Thanks

c

beefsteak

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
California, USA
I don't have much to say about this except that it is an awesome idea! I've been considering setting up a vivarium for some time now. I definetly think you should put a forum description though as I don't think many people are familiar with the term.

Siren

Mythological Creature
I'm going to try to write up a good definition of a viv, plus how to get started. I've kept them for many years. Give me a few days to get it typed up and if you like it, you can make it a sticky :)

Siren

Mythological Creature
I posted my application for Viv basics Sticky in the forum :) Hope you like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store