red-eyed tree frogs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tepelus

AC Members
Dec 31, 2006
Fremont, Oh
i used to have four red eyes several years ago, they were cool froggies. the tank i had was about three foot tall, 24" wide and about 18" deep, screen on the side and top. had two sheets of cork bark on the back to look like trunks of trees and had a waterfall in one corner and several live plants. i had anoles in there to run around during the day and the frogs at night. loved listening to them chirp along with the sound of the waterfall going, like a mini jungle. had a night heat bulb that glowed a blueish light enough to see the frogs move but dark enough so the frogs thought it was night time. want to set it back up again and get more red eyes some time in the future, but not right now. I used to have whites tree frogs, they are soooo cute and very tame for frogs. unfortunately i don't have any pics of the vivarium to post, they are at my moms house buried somewhere, and i remember the pics were not very good, before i had a digital camara.

Siren

Mythological Creature
I love the colour of the bottom of Red Eyes....the yellow and the blue are so bright, and surprising the first time you see it :)

beefsteak

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
California, USA
I'm planning on doing a vivarium as well that will include a pair of red eye's in it. Problem is, they carry a hefty price tag and aren't very easy to find in my area.

Siren

Mythological Creature
Have you tried the classifieds on Kingsnake??

cohazard

AC Members
Apr 6, 2004
Visit site
I'm planning on doing a vivarium as well that will include a pair of red eye's in it. Problem is, they carry a hefty price tag and aren't very easy to find in my area.
Where at in California are you? At Amazon Reptiles, they had some juvie red-eyes for $20 each, which is good in my mind...

Drone017e

AC Members
Dec 9, 2006
i have 4 red eye tree frogs in a a vivarium 18x 18 x 24 , if you get them at a reptile convention they will run around 30-35 each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store