White spots on fish tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bearskookum

AC Members
Jan 18, 2007
I have a eclipse 5 gallon tank the water in there always tops at 80F...I think its the motor housing of the filter being in the water...anyway the tank keeps getting these white spots on the surface...which I use a magfloat to scrape of...they are pretty tough to remove...and when I put my hand in the tank I can feel the bumpy lil white spots on the glass...are these some type of algae?

ergo sum

AC Members
Mar 15, 2005
The first on is mineral deposits from the calcium etc in the water. The bumpy ones sound like they may be snail eggs. What is in the tank?

bearskookum

AC Members
Jan 18, 2007
No snail

I dont have snail in that tank...just a crayfish and some fishies...nothing much...also java moss and recently dwarfsags...but it has been appearing for a while...only in this tank...this is the only thank I have thats 80F. I thought they were snail eggs too but they get all over the tank...and I havent seen any snails...a lot of detritus hang on to my java moss too which I take out and rinse off...

fresh_newby

Resident Plant Freakshow
Mar 5, 2006
NYC
SNAIL EGGS,,,heheh we all have snails :)
If you can snap a photo we can i d it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store