new 125 fowlr

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
I have had my 125 cycling since new year's, and I have almost decided what fish to stock it with. I was thinking about 4 fish. A volitan lion, a niger trigger, an emperor angel, and a powder blue tang. Is this too much for a 125, or can this combo live together.

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
I have been researching the powder blue tang, and it looks like they have been difficult to care for. If I don't get one I may get a sailfin tang instead.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
powder blue is not a thing for anyone but a dedicated person witha 200+ gallon tank and experience in the natural life of surgeon fish. as for the nigers they are not to aggressive but most triggers should just be in a species tank.
and emperor angels are more on the "expert" range as well. none of those fish are good starting fish and powder blues should only be kept as a pet like a dog and cant be put in with aggressive fish like loins or triggers. they are all awsome fish but not easy or compatible. do you like the idea of a community of fish or just a few tough mean things?
i only know of one person to keep alive a powder blue more than 3 months.

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
I like the idea of having a few aggressive fish like a lion and a niger trigger, but I also would like a few community fish like a tang and angel. The trick is coming up with a combo that will work for me. I only want fish that are hardy, and easy to take care of. I have only been keeping saltwater fish for about 8 months. By the way, I love your reef tank.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
thx man but im afraid the trigger wont go with the others well a lion can be kept with a community as long as they are all his size or bigger but its still risky. lions will also eat all ornamental shrimp as well as anything small enough. tangs arnt hardy and neither are most large angels untill they are large and thats to larg for your tank. best of luck keep me posted

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
It's obvious you know alot more about fish than I. Your help is greatly appreciated. What kinds of fish would go well with a lion in a 125. I am pretty determined to get a lion. I am looking for fish that would live for their entire lifetime in this tank.

Germanman

My fish are my babies
i have always kept lions as a species tank but they can get along with frogfish as long as the lion is large enough eels do good with the grouper(most get to big though) um as for other fish its hard really if you could maybe look up stuff u like it would be easier to say what works and not lol

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
how about if I get a volitan lion and a radiata lion, can these live together peacefully. If it would work out I think it would be pretty sweet to have 2 nice lions together.

web2844

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
Or... Maybe I could keep a volitan lion, a picasso trigger, and a niger trigger. Would this work?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store