Clownfish and fake anemones

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
Do you think that a clownfish will enjoy the addition of a fake anemone?

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
i is possible that they will host it, but it isnt like they will prefer it over something else, like a rock or a corner of the tank.
and if you ask me, they look quite tacky and fake:joke:

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
well most are tacky, but the one one my lfs is selling looks and behaves quite realisticly. It even comes with a special air pump that makes it move.

Yash

Trance Addict
Nov 2, 2006
Knoxville, TN
As fishineness pointed out, there is as big a chance that the clowns will prefer a piece of rock, or a coral, or even a powerhead, as they would a fake, or for that matter even a real anemone. In my tank, my clowns started out hosting one of the powerheads, and since I've added a frogspawn coral, they have moved over to it and have started hosting it.

Bianca

AC Members
Feb 9, 2007
Do you think that a clownfish will enjoy the addition of a fake anemone?

My friend has a pair of percula clowns that love her fake anemone they live in it 'feed it" . She bought it from someone who made some for a public aquarium.

She doesnt use air pump etc just put it where there is some current . Someone here said clowns can be tad feisty with an anemone and hers certainly guard a portion of the tank now but for them they seem happier . They bonded with it before they were a pair but not as close and drove her feather dusters crazy trying to live next to them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store