My 10g firebelly toad set up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Soooooooooooooooo I had this 10g tank that I had and was interested in making it a paludarium for firebelly toads..I used coco fiber bedding and a whisper 10i for a filter...no toads yet will get those this week and will post pics..also am gonna use real plants..gotta make a trip to home depot :D

I pretty much had everything to make one except the $11 filter and the bedding...I used bio balls and window screen for the hill under the substrate..it's amazing what you can do with leftover equipment :idea:

with flash..

whadda ya think?

Siren

Mythological Creature
Congrats, just watch the the coco husk doesn't plug your filter...
Looks good :) Make sure to post some pics when you get the toads in there...
Are you going to keep the plants in their pots? Might be too wet if you plants them right into the moist substrate...don't want root rot and have to buy new ones....

Last edited:

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Congrats, just watch the the coco husk doesn't plug your filter...
Looks good :) Make sure to post some pics when you get the toads in there...
Are you going to keep the plants in their pots? Might be too wet if you plants them right into the moist substrate...don't want root rot and have to buy new ones....
Thanks for the tips..thats why I <3 this forum haha...I also saw some terrarium plants at Petco..
and thanks everyone else for the kind words..it is my first so I wanted to start off with toads/frogs that were a good begginer amphibian..so fire bellies it is.. and they are cute :D

Last edited:

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
very nice!

got2envy

I'm not skurred.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Maria
Here they are..no names yet haha.. got 2 bright green ones..I will prob get one more darker one..first lets see how these 2 lil' guys do :) I know they like to have a couple of there own kind around

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store