10g Red Eft Newt Terrarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Siren

Mythological Creature
He's a spectacular colour!
Did you buy him locally?

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
He's a spectacular colour!
Did you buy him locally?
Im interested in this also. All the newts at my LFS look diseased and blandly colored.

Corbin

AC Members
Sep 22, 2005
Vancouver ,B.C.
ive been keeping newts on and off for years, and i went to LFS (big als) and they had like 5 there about a week old(in the store), i sat there and watched them for 30mins then left, then the next day i came back, and i had to buy one. i wanted to get all them cuz i knew they were just gonna die there or most likely go to people who dont know much :mad2: .
ive asked around at lots of LFS and they say they dont sell newts & salamanders cuz they are so easly stressed and get sick etc.

Its not to hard to care for, i feed it 2 week crickets, and it does its own thing :)
Research is the key, cuz this guy has many different forms.. when its first born it lives in water, then its second stage is 100% terrestrial, then 2-3 years later it returns to the water and becomes 99% Aquatic. quite the adventure.

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
you feed it 2 crickets a day?

muddskipper26

Mudskipper Man
Jan 28, 2007
michigan
all i said was wow. i really like amphibians but he has great color. what else do you feed him. fish? are there special requirments besides the water and land thing and will he live in their his whole life. cool tank!

Corbin

AC Members
Sep 22, 2005
Vancouver ,B.C.
I pretty much do a whole cricket diet or any other insect i find in my house :p
Not really any special needs, the only thing i do different for him is imitate rain cuz that stimulates him to be more active. He wont live in there his whole life, I'll probley move him to my plaudarium when he returns to the water in a couple years. but until then he will be living in there, but im gonna add and modify it over time :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store