Bubble Tip Anemone Looks bad...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
Well I bought the Neon Bubble Tip Anemone Saturday and was fine Sunday... Tried to move in between 2 rocks and could not fit so came back out and started to move up this rock today. There was a good amount of current there and it flipped upside down when i saw it. When I went to move him to a different area where it might be happier its mouth (I think it was) was open and it looked like small intestines were coming out (white). After I moved it started to scrunch up so I think its still alive. After about 10 min it looks like its starting to move slowly and the white stuff in its mouth I guess you’d say is going back in slowly.

Could it be that when it was upside down it was trying to use its mouth parts to right itself? It was not upside down for more then 1 hour also...

System:
PH 8.3
Alk 3.66 meq/L
Calcium 400 ppm
Salinity is good
I have 542w of light- (2) 175w halide and (2) 96w acidic bulbs
90 gallon tank

To end with a stupid question what do I feed it? Does it filter feed and also get its food from light? or should i feed it a small meaty piece of fish?

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
well u can feed it krills. i feed mine krill and mineo. u have 2 feed it or it will not git beter. let it sit 4 like a day and then feed it. her r some pic of my bubble tip. it has split in to 4 different anenome, **** is hot i paid $40.00 for one and now i have 5. so i think mine is worth it. her r the pic

Picture 125.jpg Picture 127.jpg Picture 128.jpg Picture 130.jpg Picture 140.jpg Picture 145.jpg Picture 175.jpg Picture 177.jpg

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
Thanks ill try and feed it krill tomorrow...
It has moved about 6" from where I moved it to after it was upside down so i think it might be ok but who knows...
Thanks for the reply

Victorio

AC Members
Oct 30, 2006
Stop moving it, they will find a place they are happy with and stick with it. Just cause it looks pretty on one part of the tank doesnt mean it will like it and stay their. Just leave it and see what it does.

TomToro

The Old Guy
Oct 21, 2006
Michigan
s122.photobucket.com
Stop moving it, they will find a place they are happy with and stick with it. Just cause it looks pretty on one part of the tank doesnt mean it will like it and stay their. Just leave it and see what it does.
That's excellent advice. Mine walked all over the tank until it found a spot. I had another one previously that I moved everytime it went under a ledge. It finally died. The new one I left alone and it's doing well. Can't force 'em.

By the way, it doesn't look that bad, just harrassed. Mine looked much worse before dieing.

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
ok I came home to find it like this:

The white stuff that was coming out of it yesterday is now out and laying on the sand:

I know it is still alive because it did move more onto the rock from when i came home to when I came back from walking my dog...

Should I try and feed it some krill or just leave it alone?

What should I do?

It also looks like it lost some tentacles but I am not to sure because they are not bubbled up...

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
I got a better view of it now from my previous picture it looks like the bottom has a cut.. I think when it was between the 2 rocks maby it got cut on its side... Any suggestions? I do know its alive still it has moved a little more since i have been home...

Germanman

My fish are my babies
make sure the water quality is excellent and then try and see if it will take a small piece of krill. dont move or touch it and use a powerhead to blow off the mucus excretions. nems require excellent care so do some reading. good luck with it all im sure if u watch things itll get better. but if it looks like it will rot get it out of there before it kills everything else.

mikelush78

AC Members
Jun 30, 2006
Rochester
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10ppm
Calcium: 400ppm
Alkalinity: 10.2 DKH
Salinity: 1.022

Just Re-Tested all the parameters and everything seems to be good... I also got the mucus membrane away from it.... It is still stuck to the rock and seems to be alive just hurt... It would not take the krill that I tried to give it today so I left the piece down there with it and now the krill is gone. (most likely due to a hungry tank mate is my guess but hopefully he ate it) Ill try again tomorrow with a small piece of krill... Thanks for the help guys...

I also was able to get the mucus out of the tank...

I think in a day or 2 ill do a small water change just to help the situation...

Any other suggestions?

And thanks a tun Germanman and cullyisgully

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store