Confused yellow tang?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DragonSpirit

Registered Member
Feb 13, 2007
I walked my reef tank this morning and noticed that my Yellow Tang seemed to think it was a clownfish and was acting like a clownfish playing and swimming on the spot in my bubble tip anemone.

My intial reaction was to panic as I didnt think that he should be doing this. I made a quick manouvre for the trusty net to rescue him and he swam off.

30 seconds later he had swam around the tank and was back in the anemoe. Is this normal? DOn't anemone's sting other fish in a harmful way apart form clowns and certain damsels?

Germanman

My fish are my babies
yea thats not good it will hurt the tang. is it actually inside or just really close? my tang like to hang out with my clown right next to the nem almost toughing it it never gets stung but if urs is in it and not eaten or dead im baffeld to whats going on lol. sure its a tang?:rolleyes: lol sure he knows hes a tang?

DragonSpirit

Registered Member
Feb 13, 2007
lol I don't think he realises he is a tang!!
He was definitely in the anemone and fluttering about like the clown. Maybe he has learned a few tricks.

I was pretty sure that he shouldn't be doing this and was shocked when I removed him and he swam straight back. He seems okay tonight and has so far avoided it so maybe he has learned his lesson.

Anyway thanks for confirming my fear and I shall have a chat to him to convince him this is a bad idea ;-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store