Happy pancake tuesday!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
:dance: HAPPY PANCAKE TUESDAY!!!:dance:

Siren

Mythological Creature
Oh-oh-oh- when is Waffle Thursday???

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Oh my..this brings back some memories...LOL...Deb, EMS, where are you all at?? :D

Blue

pugwash

Able Seaman
Mar 16, 2005
Land of Augusta
Is it shrove Tuesday already? :eek: Gonna have to get my pancake mixes on the way back from work - nothing like having a 2 yr old trash the place :joe:

Siren

Mythological Creature
Okay, someone explain the pancake thing to me, I'm lost...

If you're talking about Fat Tuesday (I thought it was Feb 28 this year??), I know about that, but I've never heard of eating pancakes this day....at home we eat jelly filled Polish-style donuts called Paczkis on Fat Tesday....so help me out here, I'm floundering.

http://detroit.about.com/od/uniquelydetroit/a/paczki.htm

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
I only knew it was pancake tuesday...idk what all these other things are

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Siren-

Back in the old days, one fasted during Lent. So on the day before Ash Wednesday, (Fat Tuesday) the wives would cook up everything in the house; pancakes were a good way of getting rid of the flour-bread would last too long; might have some left after Lent started!

Siren

Mythological Creature
Siren-

Back in the old days, one fasted during Lent. So on the day before Ash Wednesday, (Fat Tuesday) the wives would cook up everything in the house; pancakes were a good way of getting rid of the flour-bread would last too long; might have some left after Lent started!
Gotcha...but like I said, in MI we eat jelly donuts...hehehe...a little more fattening than pancakes ;)

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
oh wait......pancake tuesday is next week isnt it? hehe i got overexcited

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store