Kuhli Loach vs. Dojo Loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DojoQueen

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
I have both kuhli loaches and a dojo loach and am wondering which kind of loach you perfer?
I love to watch my kuhlis zip around the tank and squeeze through even the teeniest cracks...but, I do perfer dojos over kuhlis. My dojo will come up to my hand and will allow me to hand feed him, while my kuhlis will zip away as soon as my hand touches the water. I also perfer how much larger dojos are and how much easier they are to train and find in the tank. I love my kuhlis, too, but strongly perfer my dojo over my kuhlis.

I know this thread is kind of pointless...but theres got to be a few fun threads where everyone is free to have their own opinions :D

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
I havent had Kuhliis but from thier species profiles on loaches.com they are tropical fish 78*F and up so they shouldnt be kept with dojos which are coolwater. I have several dojos in my tropical tank but I am setting up a proper tank for them as we speak. Its just not good for them to be that warm. I do love the dojos personalities, they are very entertaining and definately one of my favorites.

icecubez189

User Registered!
Feb 15, 2006
Queens, New York
i've never had the pleasure of having a kuhli loach but have had dojo loaches in the past. it was during my break in period back into aquariums so i didn't exactly give them the best aquarium. but in the time i had them, they were definately fun little creatures. the instant flakes began to hit the water, one of them would race to the top and try to eat them although you would think they were bottom feeders! well any flakes big enough that sank, they would sniff out and gorge on it.

in the future i want to set aside a large tank for Ranchu's (my favority fancy goldfish) and i'll definately add Dojo Loaches to the bunch.

DojoQueen

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks for sharing your opinions everyone :)

I havent had Kuhliis but from thier species profiles on loaches.com they are tropical fish 78*F and up so they shouldnt be kept with dojos which are coolwater. I have several dojos in my tropical tank but I am setting up a proper tank for them as we speak. Its just not good for them to be that warm. I do love the dojos personalities, they are very entertaining and definately one of my favorites.
They aren't in the same tank.

:)

DojoQueen

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
Dojos can live in tropical tanks, the temp just cant exceed 74 degrees farinheit, which is also fine for many tropical fish, too. I have my four with my platys and guppies and the temp is 70 degrees. Both thrive in it.

livingword26

AC Members
Dec 5, 2006
Kansas, USA
www.aquariacentral.com
Can you have just 1 Kuhlii, or do they need to be in groups?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store