I NEED FRAGS

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BeelzeBob

-CHAUVINIST PIG-
Mar 18, 2006
Boulder, Co.
Hey nano folk, where do yall get frags??

i want small ones. like no biger than 4" my goal is to just pack my tank with lil tiny frags of a bunch o stuff and just let it grow outta control.

So do y'all gots some secret vendors that specialize in the tiny pieces of oober coolness??

just wonderin.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
yeah. people in your reef club
if you were close id hook you up :(
but i'm sure there are pleanty of people out in Co in the reef club

lwooters

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maryland, USA
I am right there with you, I want to really get an out of control reef started, but it's so darn expensive to stock, I'm willing to wait patiently for frags to multiply. I'll creep around on the reef central site and see if I can find any friendly donors.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
donors?!
probably not. people are tyring to keep up the hobby just like you are. the only thing ive seen for free frequently are xenia OCCATIONALY. ive seen someone offering digi once, but you had to be local for most of the free stuff.
best bet is to buckle down and buy some frags, once they grow, frag them and sell, then use the money for more frags:dance2:

lwooters

AC Members
Jan 5, 2007
Maryland, USA
That's pretty much what I meant, I should have worded that a little better. Find something I'm really good at growing then swap it off. Sounds like xenia wouldn't be a good choice though. What do you think is reasonable for a small rock with maybe 10 dull brown zoo polups on it? My lfs tried to sell it for like $70, I was a little taken aback. It wasn't like it was pretty.

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
me personaly... i wouldnt pay a dollar for it. but that is because i dont want anything brown and have enough live rock. some people may pay something for it, but 70 bucks is completly outragious....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store