Clean up crew. How Many?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lotuskid

AC Members
Feb 2, 2007
Nottm. UK
Tank is 100cm long and i think about 30G. Plenty of algae growing as the tank is relativly new. Just about to start slowly adding fishies and things.

Currently got 6 red leg hermits, 6 blue leg hermits & 5 snails.

What would be advisable as to quantities of clean up crews?

Also can anyone recommend a cheap good looking active goby/blenny that will help keep sand clean without making to much mess by blowing sand everywhere?

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Your cleanup crew sounds ok to me..maybe bump the snails up to 10.....

There is not really a need to quarantine the cleanup crew..

A good fish to have is a lawnmower blenny, or a sandsifting gobby...Keep us informed matey...

Niko

Germanman

My fish are my babies
yea add a few more snails and they will probally need to replenished because they regularly vanish. and i would highly recommend a sand cleaner of some short,i like gobies the best, and maybe an algae eating fish as well as atnixon stated. for your tank size a small algae eating blenny like the tail spot blenny would work well. and also a court jester goby would be good for sand shifting and they are peaceful and colorful.

lotuskid

AC Members
Feb 2, 2007
Nottm. UK
Thanks guys.

Added another 10kg of live rock yesterday so i'm just about full now.
Already seen 3 different types of snails that i haven't id'd yet, so expect a lot more "what the hell is this?????"

Thanks again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store