Yet another stocking question..20 Gallon long

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

entropy311

AC Members
Nov 23, 2006
Well, I went ahead and upgraded to a 20 gallon long..unfortunately, 4 of my cardinals died when the power went out sometime while I was gone for the weekend :( I like white clouds as well, so I opted to get some of those instead of attempting to replenish my cardinals. So here's the stocking situation:

20 gallon long tank
-12 White Cloud Minnows
- 2 Cardinal Tetras
- 1 Dwarf Gourami
- 6 ghost shrimp

My questions are:
1. Is my tank already pretty maximally stocked? I'm strongly leaning towards taking my 2 remaining Cardinals to a LFS where I know they'll be taken care of.

2. If not, what other fish could I put in? I was thinking of a secondary centerpiece fish (oxymoronic, I know); my girlfriend wants another gourami..maybe a pearl gourami would work? Something..I don't know..round?...as she would put it. I'm open to any suggestions. I've had my eye on rainbowfish (but most get too big and they're supposed to be kept in groups, if I'm not mistaken), guppies, platies, mollies...even zebra danios. Maybe catfish? Ughh decisions.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give me.

P.S. As far as filtration goes, I'm currently using both my old Whisper 10 and my new Whisper 30 HOB filters..they generate too much current at their max settings, so I'm saving up to get a Magnum HOT 250 filter in a couple of weeks.

entropy311

AC Members
Nov 23, 2006
Yeah, that might be good, but I haven't been able to find any miniature varieties in my area, and I think my tank's too heavily stocked to have at least 3 or 4 regular-sized cories.

fishiefishie

AC Members
Nov 12, 2006
I'd return the cardinals, and then get 4 cories, just make sure they're all the same kind. (Panda's are super cute, but to me the albino cories are just so active, I think they're my fave!)
Just keep on top of your water changes/vac and you should be fine.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store