!! help my pump is broke !!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
what is up i have a turbo floator multi SL protein skimmer. it is good for 3 days or more and then it starts 2 over flow. right on thr top of where the nasty **** goes. can any one tell me what i can do 2 make it stop or do i have 2 get a new one.

her r some pic of what i have it is pic when it was runing good

656.jpg Picture 201.jpg Picture 202.jpg Picture 203.jpg Picture 204.jpg Picture 212.jpg

SaltTinker

AC Members
Dec 1, 2006
Do you dose anything? Feed too much? Have something die? When did you last clean the skimmer? Do you stick your hand in the tank often?

I've had overflow before on a inproperly tuned skimmer or when I dosed iodine. The skimmer cuts out whenever I stick my hand in the tank.

Try restricting the water flow going into the skimmer when this happens or turning it off.

SaltTinker

Fishieness

AC Members
Jan 14, 2006
ct
also make sure that you are keeping up with your top off, making the water go too low can make it overflow because more air goes into the chamber.

SaltTinker

AC Members
Dec 1, 2006
I didn't catch the water level. It makes sense now.

You could adjust the amount of air going into the skimmer. The hose sticking out of the tank on the right side. Make small adjustments.

SaltTinker

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
do i have 2 clean the in side of the pump. i do and it is good 4 like a week and then it goes back 2 what it was. i guss i have 2 do it a lot 2 make it work.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
it is not the water it is the bubbles. it is good 4 like a few days and then it fell right up. then i have 2 turn it off and wate a day and then turn it back on. and it is good for now. i think it is the air that comes in because when it suck it in it has a lilter water noes in it. then i blow in the hoes and it stop.

SaltTinker

AC Members
Dec 1, 2006
You shouldn't have to clean inside the pump. This surely sounds like too much air coming in or too much water flow or something else.

Is this a new skimmer? There might be a break-in period? How long has the tank been setup? How much bio-load? How much do you feed? Do you dose anything?

Try reducing the amount of air going into the skimmer, and might small adjustments every couple of hours/days to find the sweet spot. When you get the overflow, adjust back down.

SaltTinker

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
You shouldn't have to clean inside the pump. This surely sounds like too much air coming in or too much water flow or something else.

Is this a new skimmer? There might be a break-in period? How long has the tank been setup? How much bio-load? How much do you feed? Do you dose anything?

Try reducing the amount of air going into the skimmer, and might small adjustments every couple of hours/days to find the sweet spot. When you get the overflow, adjust back down.

SaltTinker
it is not a new pump. i have the the tank up 4 like 2 years. what is bio-load my live lock. i feed them 1 a day some time ever outer day. if i left any thing out just tell me ight

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store