bumble bee catfish and phantom glass catfish??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hellorottweiler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
just wondering if anyone can tell me what do bumble bee catfish and glass phantom catfish eat? ive been giving them algae disks like the plecos but am unsure if thats right. i tried to call the supplier that sent them to us but lines were busy and i thought someone here could help me

phaedraeos

AC Members
Nov 30, 2006
Boston, MA
bumblebees eat anything they can fit in their mouths, and as far as i know are omnivorous. ours ate anything left on the bottom including many meaty foods. i do not think that algae would be enough for them; you should probably consider adding shrimp pellets, bloodworms, and maybe some flake

i've had ghost catfish for about a year and they eat mainly flake but also suck up any frozen shrimp or bloodworms they can get ahold of, as well as some spirulina flake at times.

hope this helps; i guess the main message is to feed them something with fish protein, even if it is just flake. use the algae disks sparingly and as supplements :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store