Is three of them too much?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

99SH

AC Members
Jan 1, 2003
Lk. Hiawatha, NJ
I currently have 3 plecos in my tank. 2 common and one gibby. One common is about 7-8", the other is about 4-5", and the gibby is about 3-4". The tank is a 90 gallon. Am I asking for trouble?

BTW, I drop in 8 algae tablets a day, in the hopes they don't have to compete too much. Is that enough, or not enough?

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
8 a day is alot, even for three. I'd cut it back once every other or every 3rd day. And I agree with Chil (good advice as always). Get rid of the big common and let the two smaller ones establish some territories.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
I would have to say chil is right on this one. Also I would keep an eye on them. Even though commons arent very territorial but the gibbiceps is and will try to punk them around when it gets more size on him. 8 is alot for three man My single pleco (Finn) loves them my gibby stays on the wood but will eat at the very most one well Finn will eat four of them a day if given the chance. Granted theres poop all over but there do traces of the food anymore. It doesnt even get fat either its like those younger people hate so much they eat a truck load of chocalte and dont gain an ounce but you eat a single M&M and you gain 15pounds well my Pleco is the truck load eating one. I dont think theres enough food in the wild to keep this guy fool.

stik6shift98

I HAVE A HOME FOR YOUR FISH!!!
thats too many tablets......

i have 5 common plecos in a 125

biggets is 14 inches and smallest is 8 inches and i feed them algea tablets twice a week....6-8 each time

they have been in that tank for a month together and now they are getting split up as their tanks are back up and running

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
I dont think 8 is to much at all, plecos are big and need alot of food. You wouldnt feed your middle/top dwelling fish only a few times a week, so why do it with bottom feeders? I have bottom feeders, but not to scavenge, I have them because I like them. They get fed regularly just like the other fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store