How many Pygmy Corys?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Siren

Mythological Creature
How many Pygmy Corys can I put into my already established tanks, if any? really want to try my hand at having a few...

10g- non aggressive trio of female bettas.
5g- 1 male betta
5g- no stock currently

GirlieGirl8521

Planted Tank Collector
Dec 21, 2006
Alabama
Pygmy cories tend to be a little more sensitive to water quality, and I've heard they like to be in bigger groups than other cories, so I'd get 8-10 for your 10g. I wouldn't chance putting them in a 5g, just because small tanks can be less stable.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
3-5 for your 10 gal, and thats it.

Siren

Mythological Creature
Pygmy cories tend to be a little more sensitive to water quality, and I've heard they like to be in bigger groups than other cories, so I'd get 8-10 for your 10g. I wouldn't chance putting them in a 5g, just because small tanks can be less stable.
3-5 for your 10 gal, and thats it.
Using the ten gallon with the three bettas, can you recommend a smallish cory species that is good for a beginner? Never had cories before...I need something pretty hardy, not too fussy in the pH dept or the food dept. Any ideas?

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
Panda cories tend to be very sensitive to water conditions and have a harder time with the acclimation process then some of the other cories. They are very cute but I would not recommend them for someone that is just starting out with cories for the first time.

Marinemom

Siren

Mythological Creature
Panda cories tend to be very sensitive to water conditions and have a harder time with the acclimation process then some of the other cories. They are very cute but I would not recommend them for someone that is just starting out with cories for the first time.

Marinemom
What species would you recommend? I am totally clueless.. :huh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store