very custom 55 stand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Plecosterone

We don't need no stinking badges!
Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
Definately different than the "BOX" approach. I like it alot except for the fact that there is not much room underneath for all the stuff that seems to gather under my tanks. Very nice design.

icecubez189

User Registered!
Feb 15, 2006
Queens, New York
its interesting looking. i would feel more safe if the four corners were supported but i suppose if you built it well its not a problem. you can add some statues or figures in those empty spots.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks nice, but doesn't appear structurally sound do to lack of proper horizontal support.

Plecosterone

Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
The base is the same size as the top. As long as it is solidly built, which it looks to be, it would be just as structurally sound and solid as one with a total box underneath.

aoscar

big cichlids rule
Feb 16, 2007
grand rapids, michigan
I am a professional custom home builder, and finish carpenter. it is cantileevered to 2x lumber specs and has several (5)dobled up joists in the upper and lower sections running from back to front and is supported in the center section by corner posts and a header going between all corners which are carried by jack studs , in a nutshell it's built like a house it has been usd for 2 years no cracked tank and has to weigh 75-100 lbs.

Plecosterone

Jan 25, 2007
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
home.cogeco.ca
I would bet that is more sound than most people build out of 2x4s. It is how it is designed that makes it strong. The base is the same size as the top and if it built strong, which it looks to be, it will be very solid. Just another carpenter/contractors opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store