I am a victim of bleach poisoning!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

undertow

Factory sealed for your protection
Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
:( :( :confused:

Cursed be thee who screws with me.
And screwing with my fish is screwing with me. When I get home the first thing I do is check on my fish. I live with my sister and her fiancee'. Add a valium-deranged,morphine drenched witch(that was hard, mods!)of a mother-in-law to the mix and....

We got into a minor argument earlier
yesterday evening(w/mother-inlaw).I didn't think much of it at the time. Well,I walk in my room to find that it reeks of bleach! I look in my 90g to see my pleco(herbert)dead,along with my red O,Mike(foodbag)-also dead. I was extremely upset at this,but the clincher came when I looked in my 55g. My albino tiger O,Al(mooky boy),was dead as well. This guy was my pride and joy. I've had him since I began keeping fish,about 4 years. Im so heartbroken:( He was like my kid!!R.I.P

Had to compose myself for a second. Well,the wicked witch swears up and down that she didn't do it. But logical thinking tells me other wise... She was the only one home...
Now,it is a house divided.My sister broke down in tears,and she is in total agreement with me. She's arguing with her BF about it right now...And he can't stop defending his mom. I understand that,but this guy's pretty intelligent. What else could it have been??

Thanks for your support,and although it may be some time,please give me your ideas for a new setup.The only thing I can do now is move on....My interests run strongly in the SA/CA cichlid vein.

P.S.-The only fish that survived this massacre was my female GT, and the mollies and tetras in my planted tank. My only question is WHY??!

Wippit Guud

///\\oo//\\\
Sep 27, 2002
PEI, Canada
Killing any other pet is a criminal offense, and those fish aren't exactly cheap... press charges against her.

TIMO

Village Idiot
May 15, 2002
If you really believe she bleached your fish tanks, aren't you the least concerned about what she could do to you? I would seek accomodations elsewhere pronto. Whats next, strychnine in your Post Toasties?

oscar andy

I'm with stupid^
Jan 16, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
That sucks man :(
If someone did that to me I would probably filp out and beat the sh*t out of them without even thinking(and I'm not even a violent person):mad:

delmore

AC Members
Dec 2, 2001
New Jersey
www.uaru-forum.com
I understand that you are upset, but please don't consider ANY type of revenge. It will only come back to harm you, and besides, you don't want to stoop to her level. You can 1) go to Home Depot and get a keyed lock for $11 to replace the door knob to your room, or 2) move out.

Your water must be very hard, and high pH, right? Check out lake malawi african cichlids. That's what I'm going to get soon, and I'll have to up my pH and hardness. with a 90 there's alot you can do!

And please keep your cool. Violence hasn't helped anyone. Look at N Ireland, Israel, etc.

Hatter

Elk Grove Village, IL
Yes, any "moving on" you plan on doing should be to another place for yourself. It's your fish this time, but next time it may be worse. I wouldn't stick around to find out what she would do after the next minor arguement.

Hope it works out.

ryan

Finder, Filleter, and Fryer of Nemo
Aug 20, 2002
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Not suggesting this as an option or anything, but when my mom started dating after she divorced my dad there was this one really possesive guy who wouldnt leave her alone. One night i came home and found him there, alone, rumiging around in my moms room. hockey stick to the back of the head and called the cops

ryan

undertow

Factory sealed for your protection
Dec 4, 2002
Las Vegas,NV
Visit site
Im not looking for revenge,because I know that KARMA will take care of that. I don't cry often,but after I became exhausted from rage...The tears where surely flowing. And I know that they suffered which makes it even harder!:( . Im going to have to go the Home Depot route(lock) right now cause moving out is not feasible.

Yes,my Ph is high,and the water is very hard here in Vegas. But I kept up on my fish tanks. The only problem I had was HITH. Which I was medicating for...but I guess that doesn't matter anymore!

Delco

AC Members
Dec 6, 2002
NJ
Visit site
I'm with Oscar Andy, kick her Ass! I think I would, in a situation like that, consider myself Mr. Kharma while I'm Slicing her tires and donating all her clothes to the Salvation Army. The door lock is also a great idea and seems necessary in your situation.

Sorry about your loss bud :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store