Kole Tang wont eat....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mrebolton

Only the strong survive...
Oct 20, 2005
Honolulu
Recently purchased a yellow eyed Kole Tang and have had it for about two weeks. I cant get this sucker to eat anything. He has cleaned all the algae from my tank, but anything I put in the tank, he wont eat. I have put in nori, romaine, frozen mysis, pellet. Its a 55gal, with 1 clown, and two damsels, the tang was the last addition, but he is medium sized. Is there anything I can do to make this guy eat?

mrebolton

Oct 20, 2005
Honolulu
my parameters are good before I put the tang in, my other fish have been alive and well and kicking for 8 months. i do water changes once a week with real ocean water thats filtered from the aquarium. Its right next to my house. Maybe this one is just a one in a million.

mrebolton

Oct 20, 2005
Honolulu
Yeah, I like to keep my salinty low like that. I usually add a little more RO/DI water than saltwater. In my opinion, keeps bad stuff from your aquarium and helps with the salt creep. The damsels dont bother this guy and he swims around the aquarium almost like he owns it. Maybe he is fine from the algae he ate from the glass. I got three brittle star fish in the tank and 10 hermit crabs. Everyone is moving around fine. Plus its been two weeks and I havent seen him eat anything I've offered him, but he doesnt look underfed. So he must be getting his source of food from somewhere else.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store