Anyone been to Monterey Bay aquarium before?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
Well my wife wants to travel somewhere for our 5 year anniversary (we dont travel much). I pretty much left it up to her to decided where, and she thought of going somwhere that has to do with my aquatic hobby... monterey bay. So I was wondering if anyone has any advice for other things to do around there and such. I'd ask if it is worth going at all, but appears she bought the tickets today, so were going.

aardvark1

Too many tanks are almost enough...
Sep 27, 2005
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
Neat place!

Been there twice, love the big kelp tank. Otters are fun little critters, could watch them for hours.

The Aquarium is on Cannery Row (made famous by Steinbeck), lots of tourist stuff.

For something to do, take the 21 mile drive (I think that's what it's called); scenic drive down the coast, lots of sea views.

Carmel is another touristy artsy fartsy place. Neat to browse. Might even see Clint!

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
MBA is an outstanding place! I lived in california for 18 years before i moved to CT, and made it up there 5+ times. i would go back again if it wasnt so far. excellent choice, and the wharfs and cannery row are great visits as well.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I went there about 10 years ago. Dont remember that much, but it was really cool. Not sure when your aniversery is, but if it's not till summer there are a lot of great beaches arround there. Since you're coming a long ways, it's a relativly short drive up the coast to San Francisco. You would pass through Santa Cruz on that drive and could stop at the boardwalk. Also in santa cruz is the Mystery Spot where all laws of physics and gravity are defied :p Another option is to head inland to Gilroy, the garlic capitol of the world. Hope you have fun whatever you decide :)

YoFishboy

I'll sleep when I'm dead...
Feb 16, 2005
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store