17/19 gal set up?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msdave

Registered Member
Feb 27, 2007
Hello, this is my first post so apologies for jumping straight in with this. I’m doing an aquatics option at college and part of the module requires us to set up a brackish tank, the original plans were to attempt a mudskipper set-up, now I know the tank size (3’x1’x1’) i’m not so sure on that, most of my research gave a minimum requirement of 4'x2'x2'. I was just wondering what people would recommend? My tutor wants me to stick with something unusual, but besides Bumblebee Gobies I haven't a clue, the majority of books i've read seem to be out of date or conflict each other in terms of requirements, so who better to ask than a community of fish keepers.

Thank you for reading :)

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
That would be perfect for a single figure 8 puffer.

Sir Pufferfish

AC Members
Apr 11, 2005
UK
x1 figure 8 or x1 green puffer. may get away with adding a few mollies or bumblebees too.
add some plants too like java fern or vallis which are solt tolerant and for some more decor add a few caves. ( bb and puffers love to explore and hide )

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Green spotted puffers grow to 6" & require a tank at least 2x that size. Min tank size for 1 F8 is 15g, so I wouldn't add anything but maybe a BBG or 2 to that. Certainly not a few mollies and BBGs. Way too much bioload.

msdave

Registered Member
Feb 27, 2007
Thanks, i'll get researching them and present the option to my lecturer :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store