where can i buy Bristle nose catfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

816johnv

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
Hi all,

Please can someone help!!! i would like to buy 1 or 2 bristle nose catfish for my new tank i have only just started keeping fish and have been told these are great little fellas to have, because they eat algee and are fairly easy to keep, i live in Hull and every where i have tried dont sell them please can someone help.

thank You

tai95

AC Members
Apr 24, 2005
You can check the classified section here. I think there are a few people who are breeding bristlenose. If that doesn't help you can alway go to aquabid.com there are always bristlenose for sale.

jessicar613

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Kentucky
I just saw a great one at a lfs with terrific bristles. I think I'm going to go back tomorrow and pick him up.

Why don't you ask your fish store to order one for you? Then they pay the shipping, not you. All the fish stores around here will order fish; chain stores and otherwise.

816johnv

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
Thanks all, sorry Hull is in England in Yorkshire, i have tryed asking my local stores but they cant get any.

Thanks for all your help

Marzy

Okay. But dogs CAN look up!
Jan 17, 2007
UK
Hi M8

I am from Middlesbrough. Try using this site for your BN:

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/index.php

Plenty on there, one guy who lives near me was selling baby BN for £1, however he could not yet sex them and I didnt fancy 2 males in my 20G.

On another note I bought a long finned BN last Saturday, great looking fish. However on Tuesday morning I found him lifeless on the bottom of my tank, for reasons unknown!:huh:

816johnv

AC Members
Feb 27, 2007
Thanks hopefully this will help.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
don't get them expecting them to just eat algae. they need to be fed fresh veggies, and sometimes appreciate a bit of shrimp.

have you read about cycling your tank? what size is it? bristlenoses usually grow 8-12 cm.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store