CO2 reactor in line with eheim canister

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sardesign

AC Members
Sep 28, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I am confused too... my reactor is about 14" tall, 100 gallon tank, CO2 measurements are really just done testing pH [if it drops then i know i'm getting dissolved CO2... with the reactor i wasn't getting any drop in pH], and using about 2bps.

i think the bubbles are getting caught in the reactor somewhere [a pocket i'm assuming in one of the corners and it may be slowing releasing through one of the connections].

livingword26

AC Members
Dec 5, 2006
Kansas, USA
www.aquariacentral.com
Do you have co2 bubbles coming out of your spray bar? If not, then you may have a leak. If its going in, it has to be coming out somewhere if it is not building up in your tank. Hows your surface agitation in your tank, and are you using a bubbler or anything like that?

sardesign

AC Members
Sep 28, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
i agree... it has to come out somewhere. I've checked the entire reactor for leaks and didn't find any. If it is coming out in the tank, i sure can't see it... i don't i see big or tiny bubbles. Either way, it's the 3rd time i've made one of these things and it hasn't worked. I'm going to look at a Mazzei injector and call it a day... those are almost fool proof :)

yourchoice

AC Members
Aug 6, 2006
Toronto
You won`t see any bubbles except for in the bubble counter.You should see a Ph drop.

I have the C02 input in the center of the reaactor.The water flows from the top to the bottom.if you have the 1 inch plastic bio balls in the reactor the water will be swirling around and not a direct flow from one end to the other.Should get a good mix of the CO2.

The 1/4? hoses are not all the same.Some will leak out CO2.

sardesign

AC Members
Sep 28, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
i know i don't have any leaks, checked each connection with soap and pressure. i also used sealant on every connection [including the ones with teflon tape]. It doesn't matter anymore, i'm done with the reactor and going to install a mazzei injector with a pump.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
im not sure im following this thread corectly or not. But here how the co2 reactor is set up on my tank water from the tank goes to the filter , filter cleans, and pushes clean water to the reactor where it comes in the top, co2 should come into the reactor from the bottom and bubble up through the water a airspace of c02 should form at the top of the reactor depending on how much c02 is being added. where the water trickles through this air pocket and is running over bio balls or course mesh filter materials . water runs out the bottom of the reactor and pumped back into the tank.

http://s194.photobucket.com/albums/z232/gbbudd/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store